This award is sponsored by Horace Mann and is designed to recognize MASSP member schools statewide for the development and support of an exemplary and innovative education program in their school based upon the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a member of MASSP
- The degree to which the program demonstrates a positive impact on education and the advocacy of children
- Clear principal leadership in the development and/or implementation of this innovative program
- Creativity and imagination while bringing about positive school change
- How easily this program can be replicated at other schools
So, what do we win?
- For schools winning the GOLD STAR award, a representative from MASSP will arrange to appear at either a school gathering or a school board meeting to honor your accomplishment.
- MASSP will provide a $250 award to GOLD STAR winning schools to be used at the principal’s discretion with his/her staff.
- Honorees will be recognized at our Summer Conference.
- Award winning programs will be highlighted.
What is the deadline?
All applications must be turned in directly to the MASSP office by 4:00 PM on March 1.
Minnesota Association of Secondary School Principals
1667 Snelling Avenue North, Suite C-100
St. Paul, Minnesota 55108
What is the nomination process?
School principals may nominate their own school or a neighboring school. A panel of acting principals will decide this year’s winners.
How do I get started?
Click here for a Star of Innovation application.
Following are the 2015-2016 Star of Innovation Award Winners
MASSP also thanks Horace Mann for their partnership and promotion of the Star of Innovation Award.