The Minnesota Association of Secondary School Principals is affiliated with the National Association of Secondary School Principals. In existence since 1916, NASSP is the preeminent organization of and national voice for middle level and high school principals, assistant principals, and aspiring school leaders from across the United States and more than 45 countries around the world. The mission of NASSP is to promote excellence in school leadership.
NASSP provides members with the professional research-based and peer-tested resources, and practical tools and materials they need to serve as visionary school leaders.
Through their award winning publications, professional development opportunities, ready access to relevant research, and persistence in advocating on behalf of school leaders, they help to advance middle level and high school education by:
- Promoting high professional standards
- Focusing attention on school leaders' challenges
- Providing a "national voice" for school leaders
- Building public confidence in education
- Strengthening the role of the principal as instructional leader
- Publicizing the issues and interests of our members in the news media