Welcome to the Minnesota Association of Secondary School Principals (MASSP). MASSP is a professional educational association of over 1,300 active and retired middle level and high school administrators. MASSP supports, advocates for, and provides professional development to our members. We are committed to improving instruction and achievement for all students.
MASSP STRATEGIC PLAN
VISION: Our desired future outcome for MASSP
- Foster an inclusive environment where ALL members’ voices are encouraged to engage individually and collectively.
- Provide ongoing professional development to grow courageous and collaborative leaders.
- Empower visionary leaders to develop a deeper understanding of systemic barriers that exist and work to actively eliminate them.
VALUES: Guide our actions and are the cornerstone of MASSP
Equity – to ensure all students’ success and wellbeing, we will provide resources, skills, and tools that are fair, just and individualized.
Courage – to act with integrity and to lead in challenging times.
Advocacy – our actions, as an individual or a group, to advance the causes that benefit our students and public education.
Innovation – a change that creates improvement to the educational experience.
BELIEFS: Ideology that we hold to be true within our professional organization
We are a learning organization that focuses on providing an equitable high quality education for all students.
That the power of connectivity, inclusivity, and meaningful relationships are essential to our success.
Advocating for our students, our staff, our families and our communities is our sacred duty.
Strong public schools are the foundation for our society and they require courageous leadership.
EXPECTATIONS: Active Member Engagement
Support our colleagues.
Contribute to our learning organization.
Ask for help; don’t go it alone.
Understand and address the impacts of race, racism, diversity, equity and inclusion have on me, my work and my school.
Values guide our choices and actions, assess the rightness of our path and journey, and shape how we act with our members, the public, and one another.
- Vision – Anticipating the future
- Courage – Leading and inspiring quality education
- Integrity – Affirming human dignity
- Advocacy – Supporting our members
Strategic Directions and Goals
- Establish MASSP as a leader in creating solutions to educational issues and a major lobbying force.
- Deliver high quality professional development with cutting-edge programs in seminars and conferences.
- Develop alliances with educational associations, and local and state entities, to advance the goals of principals and the image of MASSP.
- Support active member participation and implement initiatives to connect and engage members.
- Track emerging trends in innovative school programs and practices, connecting members to research and practices.
Strategic Plan (Vision 2016)
Vision 2016 is our compelling picture of the future and what MASSP intends to provide:
...has increased influence in the political and legislative arenas and is a respected and preferred partner with other professional education associations or agencies.
...is the expert on quality leadership and secondary education in Minnesota.
...provides the highest quality, forward-looking professional growth opportunities for secondary school leaders.
...has a positive, respectful, inclusive relationship with all members.